As my dream of real-life home ownership becomes closer to being a reality, I think it is time I write down what my requirements are in a home and what my desires are. Published on my blog, this is really meant to be more of a reference for my realtor and myself.
- Long-term Affordability. I am a single parent with work hours limited by daily migraines and arthritis. – I cannot just pick up a few extra hours if I select a home slightly out of my price range.
- Washer/Dryer Hookups and good plumbing.
- Cable internet access.
- Within walking distance of work and stores.
Bonus Points for
- Around 1000 sq ft home with a large yard. (1/4 – 1/2 acre preferred. 1 acre max. … The more energy efficient a home is, the more OK I am with a larger home.)
- Nice / Quiet neighborhood
- Easy to open doors/windows, easy to operate faucets.
- Central air/heat
- Entertain 10-30 guests (At least need room for small parties. Would like to have the whole family over for holidays.)
- Third bedroom, garage, or storage shed … Need a place to store extra stuff. Would like to have a home-office.
- Wheelchair & powerchair friendly. (Doesn’t need to have a ramp installed, but wide doorways and hallways are a plus)
- Dishwasher, Ceiling fans
What I enjoy
- Friends coming over
- Relaxing in the yard
- Small gardens