I have waited so long for this. My local WalMart finally offers grocery pickup!
The experience was quick, easy, and I am very pleased! Here is how it worked:
- I downloaded the WalMart Grocery app to my phone, but you can also shop on a computer at https://grocery.walmart.com
( Or, sign up at http://r.wmt.co/v/michelle_1634 to save $10 on your first order over $50! I will save $10 on my next order too 🙂 )
- I selected my local store (for more accurate inventory) and added items to my online shopping cart.
- During the checkout process, I told the app what time I want to pick up my groceries (each pickup time is a one-hour window) and which items I would not accept substitutions on.
- I paid with my credit card.
- WalMart notified me when my order was ready. – The app will even lets you tell them when you are on your way so that they know to expect you!
- WalMart has designated parking spots for grocery pickup. I pulled in and saw that my phone lost the internet.
No problem! There was a phone number at the front of my parking spot. And even if there wasn’t, I am sure I could have walked in and told them I was there.
- I told the lady on the phone my name and where I was parked.
- Within minutes, two friendly WalMart employees brought out my groceries and a gift bag of samples! (I assume the gift bags were extras either because this was their first day or because I was a new customer.)
- They loaded my groceries. I signed and was ready to go home less than 10 minutes after arriving!
So what did I like about this experience?
Time saver! I see myself using this service on busy weekends, or when a migraine has me not in the mood to enter a store.
Independence! Arthritis makes it impossible for me to shop for heavy items by myself. (or even for a lot of small items, like canned vegetables)
Substitutions! Apparently the local WalMart was out of my regular, medium size box of dryer sheets. So they upgraded me to a larger box! I also got name-brand Picante sauce. These upgrades were at no extra charge.
Gift bag! I have heard that Walmart Grocery customers occasionally give free samples, which I look forward to. I assume the bag they gave me on my first shopping trip was either because I am a new customer or because it was their first day offering grocery pickup at that location. Either way, I am appreciative of the opportunity to try some products I have been curious about! (a tide pod, Downy un stopables, meyers body lotion, scrubbing bubbles fresh gel, kiwi shoe wipes, red bull, and starbucks k-cups)